[[Alright I have this idea for us all to share recipes we make at home for ourselves. So if you have some favorite snacks, entrees, desserts etc that you think are good enough for your fellow Gnomes to actually put in their mouths, put them in this thread! Bonus points for pics of your creations! I'll start this off.]]
I make this a lot, particularly when the weather is chilly. Quick, easy, tasty, and cheap. Just the way I like it.
Saucepan with a lid
1 - Frozen Boneless Chicken Thigh or Breast
1 - Package Chicken Ramen
1 1/2 - 2 Cups Water
1. Measure out the water into the saucepan, and place over High heat.
2. Drop the frozen chicken into the water and put the lid on, and bring to a boil.
3. Boil the chicken for about 2 minutes or until completely thawed.
4. Remove chicken from the pan to a cutting board and dice it up. Dont worry
if its not cooked through.
5. Return the diced chicken to the water along with about 3/4 of the ramen
flavoring packet and bring back to a full rolling boil.
6. Add the ramen noodles to the pan, crumbling them into small spoon sized
pieces, stirring until they break apart.
7. Turn the heat off, bang the lid on, and let it sit for about 3 minutes, and serve.
The longer you leave it sit, the more soup the noodles will absorb.
Notes: Serves two Hoomans, or one hungry Gnome. You can add other things
to the soup when you return the diced chicken to the pan, such as chopped
green onion, frozen peas/carrots, an egg etc. Experiment, youre a Gnome!